We got quite a bit done this weekend again and the half of the living space with the woodstove is close to being done (well, there will be minor bits to work on, but we'll be able to hang stuff on the walls finally). My partner, Jeff, started to install some new outlet covers that have protection (I don't remember the terminology) in case Boo tries to stick something in them:
And, since we are putting down flooring and sealing it, Boo can't ride his bike inside anymore. :( So, we brought out his train table that we had stored since we moved in for a replacement!
Speaking of flooring, we decided that since we are laying 1-2 more layers of underlayment down so that the floor is really strong and doesn't creek (and the doors are hung unusually high, so they accomodate), we are sealing the underlayment for our floor surface (we are going to do something else in the areas where there will be water). It's cheap and we really like the way it looks...like cork!:
We use the best side of the underlayment even if it's the side that has the stamp. You can see here that we found some "environmentally preferable product." The picture above is with one layer of sealer; we're going to put on 1-2 more layers this next weekend. Here's what it looks like sealed (this is before we found the underlayment in the above picture, so it's a little different looking):
You can see it's scuffed up a bit from all the construction, but these rooms (we did the floor in them before we moved in) will be sanded and sealed with another layer once the main living space is finished; then, everything will have felted feet!