As I mentioned, I started saving seeds from the foods I eat for a new series of fine art I'm working on. I was having a difficult time storing them because the molds I was using to separate them didn't have room for all the seeds I need to save. I also decided to save one seed from each fruit [This process has proven to be tricky...there aren't seeds to save from onions, carrots, celery and the like...and some fruit have seeds too small (strawberry) or too large (mango/avocado) for the piece I'm working on....it'll take some time to save enough seeds for each piece].
So, the other day, I decided to make a series of pockets (think mini advent calendar) to hold one seed each. I started to hand sew the little pockets, but decided that my stitches needed to be too small (so that the pocket would hold the seed) and too tedious...this is the item with which to store the seeds, not the sculpture itself. I resorted to craft glue and it turned out nicely:
Apparently what I've been working with lately are all close to the same color. I used the same unbleached muslin that I tea-stained for some of my "for Your Wall" pieces. And, as you can tell, I didn't bother ironing...it is just an organizer after all! Each little pocket is 1x1 inch and perfect to store my seeds.